Ugami Raises $4.8M in Seed Funding
UgamiSeed funding was provided by $4.8M to a Miami-based financial rewards provider for gamers. Harlem Capital Partners was the leader of the round, with participation by FJ Labs Origins Fund and ULU Ventures. The company plans to use the funds for growth and expansion of operations, as well as to expand its business reach. Ugami, led by Hector Hulian as CEO, is a financial technology company that aims to improve the gaming experience through credit and debit card rewards programs. Ugami Debit Card is a solution that decentralizes the rewards program among top gaming and technology brands. Gamers will earn “Ugipoints” on all purchases that they can redeem for cash or use to shop from the curated Ugami store for merchandise from top brands including Best Buy, Nvidia, Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, and many more. These are the new features of the app.
- Master Financial Play: You can use physical and virtual Ugami cards for all your banking needs, with zero fees.
- Boost and score: You can earn 4X Ugipoints on all purchases by opening a Boost debit card.
- Shop the Store: Redeem Ugipoints to get cash back, gaming software, gift cards and GPUs, as well as cryptocurrency.
- Level up: The higher your status and the more Ugipoints you earn, the better!
- Complete Streaks — Earn more rewards by completing weekly, monthly and daily streaks.
- Collect Cool Badges — With every achievement, people can unlock new badges.
- Daily Spin: Feel Lucky? Register every day to get more Ugipoints by spinning the wheel. ATM Finder: Use the Ugami ATM Finder to find cash machines in a network of 55K.